Compare Journal Bibles
Compare Journal Bibles
In the old days, writing on a Bible was considered blasphemous. Back then, Christians considered the Bible so sacred that to write on it is like disrespecting not just the words of God but God Himself. That is no longer the case. Today, Christians are encouraged to use a Journal Bible to help document their spiritual journey with the Lord. That is why we have assembled these criteria to help you compare journal Bibles.
Benefits of Bible Journaling
Journaling in general can do wonders to your life. Imagine how much better it can get if it’s your journey with the Lord that you are documenting.
Here are some benefits of what a personal journal can do for you and how it can help your relationship with God:
- Help clarify your thoughts. Writing things can help you see things in detail. You see every point clearly. With a bible journal, you can write down questions or issues you may have. Your thoughts don’t bombard you with too many details and instead see it point by point.
- Reflect on the context of the word. When listening to sermon, it is not always easy to discern the meaning. Writing down notes will help you analyze these words and reflect on them.
- In a personal journal, you can write down your questions and your fears. Once written down, it doesn’t look as difficult and as fearful as when you thought them. You can write down your questions and fears about your spiritual relationship with God and as you read along, you will stumble upon the answers to these questions. The beauty of this is if you have written them down, you can go back to it and reference it with the answers you found.
Here here, we compare journaling Bibles to illustrate how advantageous having a journal Bible is:
NIV, Heritage Bible, Deluxe Single-column, Premium Leather, Goatskin, Black, Premier Collection, Comfort Print
- Soft goatskin leather cover and hand-bound
- Every page has blue and silver art gilt edging and gilt line
- Smyth-sewn perimeter stitching
- Single column format
- 3 satin 3/8 wide ribbon markers
- Uses the Zondervan NIV Comfort print typeface
- 36 gsm thick premium European paper
- With 8 full color maps
- A section for family records
- 10 point print size and wide yapp
- The soft goatskin leather is soft to the touch but durable.
- Thick, high quality paper withstands normal wear and tear
- Section for family records will help your family trace how the book is handed-down from one generation to the next
- Zondervan comfort print and 10 point print size makes text easy to read
- Also, extra ribbons is handy in marking multiple pages.
- The book is thick and a bit heavy
- It is a reading bible not a journal bible
- The only space to write on is the section where you keep family records
ESV Journaling Bible (TruTone, Olive, Branch Design)
- The size is 6.25” x 7.25” with 1088 pages
- 7 point font size in Lexicon type
- Double-column paragraph format
- Black text in cream-colored paper
- With 2-inch margins
- With ribbon markers
- Includes a book introduction
- Olive imitation leather cover
- Embossed gold leaf design on the front
- 2 inch margins gives wide space for writing and placing your art
- The black letter text will not drown with your art and notations
- The embossed leaf design makes the front cover come alive as it contrast with the dark olive color of the cover
- Size is perfect, not too big and not too small for a journal bible
- The pages are thick enough to keep the ink from bleeding through
- The imitation leather raises doubts about its sturdiness
- The olive color is too dark making it appear black and not olive
- The font size is too small at 7 point
- The journal lines are faint and hardly visible
Description and Features:
- A study bible designed to enhance personal study
- Single column text format
- 75-inch margin in every page
- Smith-sewn binding
- 8-point size type font
- One year reading plan
- Concordance and full color maps
- Brown genuine leather overboard
- 75-inch wide space for writing notes
- Furthermore, the small point size means less pages so it makes this bible compact and easy to handle
- A great study bible particularly if you are preparing to teach and preach
- Some of those who purchased this book commented that the paper material is thin and some ink materials can bleed through.
- 75-inch margin is a bit short in measure compared to majority of journal bible that has 2-inch wide margin
- Finally, The font size is a bit small and not that easy to read
Compare Journal Bibles – Conclusion
The beauty of having a journal is that it enables you to freely express everything you feel, think, and see in a way that no one can judge you. You can improve your spiritual relationship with God at your own pace and without pressure.